Friday, May 04, 2007

Thank you from the Graef Family

BEAUTY FROM ASHES

To all the firefighters, the auxiliary, people of Plymouth, Churches of Plymouth, Preston, and North Norwich, and all the other helping hands and hearts in the surrounding areas:

Thank you, firefighters for putting your lives on the line to keep the fire under control. You are very brave including your families who support what you do. You serve our community and country proud. Thank God no one was injured. The auxiliary was great keeping everyone supplied with food and drink. Hats off to all of you.

There aren’t enough words in the dictionary or bible to express our heartfelt gratitude and thanks to everyone who have helped, gave support and donations after the loss of our home in Plymouth.

This is the second time we have lost our home to fire in less than 12 years. Last time we had no insurance. A complete stranger approached me after the first fire and told me to advertise in the Pennysaver, asking for a mobile home due to the loss of our home because of fire. An older couple answered the ad and gave us a mobile home. The people where I work put together and raised enough money for us to move it. Up until then we were living in a small camper that (believe it or not) your pastor, Richard Anderson, gave to us after the fire. Luckily, this time I have some fire insurance. Not enough to rebuild, but enough to clean the place up. Up to this date (April 8, 2007) the insurance company has not settled the claim. Hopefully soon. So we can get to work cleaning the place up.

A month before the fire, I lost my mom and laid her to rest in the Plymouth Cemetery. Our pastor, Dick Anderson, was there. My mom was in the ICU and was recovering, but a complication developed and she faltered. Pastor Dick Anderson was there with my family when my mom went to sit beside our Lord. Our pastor stayed with us all night and into the morning hours providing great comfort. We are forever grateful.

Our pastor was there the night of the second fire, too. His wife Maureen by his side, they stayed late into the night. They are kind, gentle, and wonderful people. I’m sure my mom was there. I had not finished cleaning out her apartment because I still couldn’t quite believe she was gone. She must have been watching out for me, because I now reside at her place. Thank God I had somewhere to go after the fire. Everything I am and will be I owe to her.

We are hoping to return to Plymouth soon. I love laughter, life, my family, friends, and my great two jobs. My family and I survive because I know only the strong do! I end this letter with words of happiness:
Everyone is alive,
No one was hurt,
My false teeth survived,
And my pink bridge is still intact.
But most of all
We appreciate People like you!!!
God Bless.
Rowena Graef and Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home